9/29/22 UPDATE!!! ALL NEW COLORS!!! Neon Green, Gloss Black, White, Yellow, Bisque, Gunmetal S2000 Logo & 1960s Honda Logo!!! Anodized Red & Blue S2000 Engraved still available as well!!
The S2000 OEM brake pad design has been adapted by Honda/Acura for many years now. The stock OEM brake pad is rather slim and only uses a single piston caliper to handle all the front braking stopping power. There is definitely some room for improvement.
Changing over to a 4 piston caliper design helps distribute the braking force much more evenly on both sides of the brake pads, not just one single piston pushing from the inside pad forcing the outside pad to the brake rotor. This makes the heat / braking force distribution mainly coming from the inside brake pad.
This newly designed brake caliper kit fits as a direct replacement bolt on to the stock S2000 brake rotor. Converting your single piston into a 4 piston design. In addition to this, an upgraded brake pad shape is used, offering 25% more contact patch to the rotor than the original brake pad. This new caliper kit uses the brake pad shape taken from the Acura NSX 1990-2005 model (NA1/2) or 1997-2001 Integra Type R (DC2-R).
The photos provided show the black OEM S2K Ap1/2 brake pad sitting on top of the yellow upgraded NA1/2, DC2-R brake pad shape. Its clearly evident the NSX/ITR towers over the S2K brake pad surface.
- 6061 Billet Aluminum Forged Twin Block
- Easy to find NSX / ITR brake pad shape
- 4 Piston 42 mm and 38 mm aluminum pistons
- S2000 or 1960s Honda logo design
- Direct fit S2000/DC5 RSX/ CL7 TSX - No brake rotor upgrade required
- 25% more brake pad to rotor contact patch
- Weight per caliper - 4lbs 9oz Vs. OEM 9lbs 9.7 oz
- 15% Thinner Caliper design than the Competition.
- Compatible to stock brake lines
- Priced lower than any competing caliper kit
Front AP2v1 wheels fit w/ 10mm Spacer.
Front AP2v2 wheels fit w/ 15mm Spacer.
Front AP2v3 wheels fit w/ 10mm Spacer.