RV6 developed this downpipe for the 2019+ RDX along side the downpipe for the FK8 2017 Civic Type-R. This downpipe was designed to be a direct drop and use factory heat shields.
This downpipe was designed using Solidworks 3D modeling and our Creaform 3D laser scanner system for precise measurements and fitment. The transition from turbo to tube and tube to front pipe was optimized using advance flow analysis for maximum flow characteristics.
We are currently working with a catalyst manufacture to develop high flow and more importantly high temperature metallic catalyst core for the catted version. We want to ensure a quality long lasting product.
- 304 Stainless Precision Cast transition sections
- All factory heatshield mounting points maintained
- Graphite gasket with sealing ring to prevent blowouts
- 304 Stainless 3.0” outlet
- Fully TIG welded
- Argon back gassed for pure welds
- Chromoly Exhaust Studs
- Locking Nuts
- Defouler (Catless Version)
RV6® will warranty the castings a welding for 24 months. Processing takes an additional 7 to 14 business days for ceramic coating.