Formula 1 tech for our cars! Ballade Turbulator Aero Tape is a Zig Zag Turbulator that is used in racing applications to help smooth out airflow separation. Towards the end of the airfoil, air begins to pull away from the surface in a turbulent manner, the turbulator acts as a small vortex generator to smooth out the separating air. Thus reducing drag underneath any aero surface.
Science!! Where did this idea come from?
The zig zag shapes carved out in the tape, is something marine biologists would recognize as tubercles - small nodules found on the dorsal fins of humpback whales.
Research into these tubercles suggests that they improve maneuverability before separation occurs, improving performance through modification of the boundary layer.
At the same time, the span of the surface appears improved, reducing the tip vortex strength and reducing drag.
- Formula 1 technology Turbulator Aerodynamic Tape.
- INCREASE YOUR MPG fuel savings!!
- This tape applies to any surface to help smoothen out airflow to your vehicle. Turbulator Tape creates tiny Vortexes which energises the air flow making your car faster and less wind resistant. In doing so it reduces drag on any surface it is applied to.
- LOW DRAG Car = Higher MPG Fuel Savings!!!
- Commonly used on aircrafts, this aerodynamic device features:
- High Quality Clear Soft Rubber Material
- Sold in 10, 20 and 30 Meter lengths
- Adhesive backing to stick to any surface
- Cut to fit. Easy installation
- Simply add to any part of your car!!