The 10th Gen Civic OEM Brake Pad design has been adapted by Honda/Acura for many years now. The stock OEM brake pad is rather slim and only uses a single piston caliper to handle all the front braking stopping power. There is definitely some room for improvement.
Changing over to a 4 piston caliper design helps distribute the braking force much more evenly on both sides of the brake pads, not just one single piston pushing from the inside pad forcing the outer pad to the brake rotor. This makes the heat / braking force distribution mainly coming from the inside brake pad.
This newly designed brake caliper kit fits as a direct replacement bolt on to the stock Civic FK5/7/9 FC2/4-9 brake rotor. Converting your single piston into a 4 piston design. In addition to this, an upgraded brake pad shape is used, offering 10% more contact patch to the rotor than the original brake pad. This new caliper kit uses the brake pad shape taken from the Acura NSX 1990-2005 model (NA1/2) or 1997-2001 Integra Type R (DC2-R).
The photos provided show the black OEM Civic brake pad sitting on top of the upgraded NA1/2, DC2-R brake pad shape. Its clearly evident the NSX/ITR has a bigger brake pad surface.
- 6061 Billet Aluminum Forged Cast Body
- Easy to find NSX / ITR Brake pad shape
- 4 Piston 42 mm and 38 mm Aluminum Pistons
- Direct Fit FK5/7/9 FC2/4-9 - No Brake Rotor Upgrade Required
- 10% more brake pad to rotor contact patch
- Weight Per Caliper - 4lbs 9oz
- 53% Lighter Unsprung Weight Per Caliper
- 15% Thinner Caliper design than the Competition!! This Means More Wheel Clearance!!!
- Compatible to Stock Brake Lines!!
- Priced Lower Than Any Competing Caliper Kit